Remember ST not at Topeka!

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Remember ST not at Topeka!
From: Benjamin D Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 19:50:29 -0400
Dear ST drivers,
        I hate to burst your bubble. I remember clearly that the SEB wants to
get the ST classes off and running. But being responsible to all the
membership they allowed STs to compete in National Tours and Pros. This
seems like a prudent way to encourage a new car category. They never
implied that ST would be at Topeka in 1999.
        My suggestion to all of you is to get a huge number of your buddies to
build ST cars and compete in them. Petition for an exhibition class at
Topeka, this year (you might be too late).
        The bottom line. When the SEB sees that the interest is there for ST the
classes will be at Nationals.
        I saw absolutely the most conservative and reasonable approach used by
the SEB to start up the ST category. I'm not thrilled with all their
rules for them but it is a start and things can be adjusted in the
future.
        Good Luck in ST and have some patience. SCCA is a BIG organization and
things can't move as quickly as we would all like, sometimes.

Ben Thatcher