Re: Center Steer

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Center Steer
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 23:02:38 EDT
In a message dated 6/22/99 7:25:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rotens@mindspring.com writes:

> From the deep crevices of my oil soaked brain ...  Is conversion to center
>  steer a legal modification in the Prepared classes?  If steering can be
>  moved, modified , , etc..  And throttle linkage is open, and clutch is open
>  and brakes are open, the where would be the infraction?  Don't know about
>  the performance advantage but the "cool factor" would be high!

I don't see anywhere that allows it.  In addition, the book mentions
"replacing" the driver's and passenger's seats, which implies that it is not
intended to move either to the middle of the car.

>  (I think this change is specifically outlawed in the Mod classes.)  Gotta
get me an
>  up to date rule book!!!

It is specifically outlawed in Mod (for production based cars, of course),
but remember that Mod allows what isn't disallowed, and Prepared disallows
anything not specifically allowed.

CHD