Using a in-car camera (Was: How does a region foster

To: Hottvr@aol.com, rob@f-body.org, kennedy@i2.com
Subject: Using a in-car camera (Was: How does a region foster
From: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 20:54:18 -0500
At 06:23 PM 6/23/99 , Hottvr@aol.com wrote:
>Since I started out in Autox in a C-Mod car having someone ride with me is
>not an option. So when I first got the car I started working on using an
>onboard camera.  This has worked very well.
>But I don't think most on Team.Net really realize what the in car camera
>can do for you.

On that note, let me ask some questions...

This last weekend, I took my first stab at using an on-board camera.
First thing I know... I need to get the wide-angle lens attachment.
At the widest setting, I can't even get both A-pillars on the screen.
And I'd think you'd want even wider than that so that you can see
around the corners.  True??  The disadvantage will be the distorted
perspective -- things will appear further away than reality, making
it harder to judge what you should've done.  Comments?

Another thing, is I need to figure out how to mount the camera a bit
higher in the car.  Preferably exactly my eye level.  The lower
perspective reduced how useful I've found the tape.

Beyond that, I am having difficulty learning a whole lot... other than
things I think "maybe I should've tried X, it might be faster".  Problem
is, I'd need 40 runs to try all the possible ways.  Any advice on how
to leverage the tape... how to learn from it... what I should be looking
at or for??????  Other advice?

Thanks,

Brian