July Pylon

To: All <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: July Pylon
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 11:12:41 -0400
The July 1999 issue of North American Pylon went into the mail today,
Thursday, July 8, 1999.
        Special features this month include
        · a tale of Rick Walford building his very own CP car, including
all the psychological angles.
        · Byron Short's column about "Happy Feet." If you're feet are
"Happy" it isn't a good thing!
        · We send JD Kemp to Driving 101, a Las Vegas Motor Speedway
driving experience in a CART-style Indy car powered by a 550hp Chevy.
        · Editor Kelly covers territory similar to Short's, FEED gas early
in turns.
        · Lorenzo the Scribe visits Dale Earnhardt's new shop in the
Carolinas.

We cover a number of events:
        · Ayer, MA, National Tour (we call it a Div'l on the cover, you'll
survive). Story by Paul Zahornasky.
        · Peru, Indiana, Pro Solo by Mark Sipe. Warning: he tickles!
        · Southeast Divisional in Hampton, GA, with a sparkly piece by Mark
Sipe.
        · SoPac Divisionals in San Diego by Rick Perry; at Hollywood Park
by Guy Ankeny.
        · NorPac Divisional at Atwater, CA, by John Kelly.
        · Nevada's North vs. South by JD Kemp. Psst. The North won for the
first time in years!
        · Utah's opener by Mike Shields.
        · Salina's Mirrorkhana, the untimed meet organized and written up
by Rocky Entriken.
        · Gulfcoast Autocrosser's meet by John Taylor.
        · NASA does Marina (CA) Airport by Peggy Hale.
        · A pair of San Francisco Region meets at Network Associates
Coliseum in Oakland, CA, by Pat Kelly.
        · Detroit's opener by Al Chan.
        · American Autocross Series at Mather Field, Rancho Cordova, CA, by
Pat Kelly. between Detroit and the AAS, Here are the places where Corvettes
romp.
        · A pair of Virginia Motor Sports Club events by John Sheally.

And, a slightly revised, almost but not quite, complete nationwide
autocross calendar. To make it all fit we added four more tabloid pages,
making it 28 pages this month.

You are invited to subscribe, only $24/year for 12 monthly issues. Call
1-800-KT-KELLY, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time. Charge it to Visa or
MasterCard.
Subscribers are entitled to one free want ad per month.

--John Kelly, editor