RE: HS New Beetle

To: "'washburn@dwave.net'" <washburn@dwave.net>
Subject: RE: HS New Beetle
From: "Pruett, Christopher (CK)" <CKPRUETT@dow.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 06:59:01 -0500
Patrick,

I just picked up one of these cars last week. It's a '98 2.0 5-speed with
ABS. My initial impression is that it should do okay. Even in bone stock
trim with rock hard OEM tires, this thing really handles! It's got real good
low end torque. Apparently it has a form of traction control that uses the
ABS; although, I yet have to trigger it.

The true test will be this weekend when I run it at our next local event.
Depending on how it does, I will make the decision whether or not to fully
prepared it (wheels / tires / shocks / exhaust / etc.).

You will have to clue me in as to the new HS. I seem to be on the every end
of the pipeline as far as SportsCar distribution is concerned.

Chris Pruett
ckpruett@dow.com
(digest mode)