Life cycle of BFG R1 ?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Life cycle of BFG R1 ?
From: Tony Kern <armand@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 10:21:58 -0400
Section 13.3 of the Solo rules book aside; I've seen many a smooth faced
tire running in regional competition, I'm wondering how much life I've
got left in last year's R1's. Also how much 'stiction' they've got left.
Tread wear bars are showing on the inner grooves, the holes in the large
outer shoulder appear to have good depth. When the inner tread bars wear
out, will I be on the carcass surface or still on driveable tread?

At the last two events, my seat of the pants gauge says the tires are
not giving any break away warning before they let go. With seven events
left in the season and me in a dead heat for first place in C stock, I
seem to be between the proverbial rock and that hard place. Try to
finish the season on the R1's, risk a cording, or get new tires ($$$ !)
and learn to drive them in a very short time period.

Anybody got used for sale (205-50x15 and/or 225-50x15)?

Tony