Re: Dataloggers-overview of market positions

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>, "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Subject: Re: Dataloggers-overview of market positions
From: Scott Mitchell <scott@fortner.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 99 15:20:09 -0400
Byron wrote:
>The Pi system is, IMHO, the BEST data acquisition system out there.
<snip>
>This friend tells me it's easy to put
>$20K into a full blown professional Pi system; I'm certain it can also
>be done for a lot less.  Perhaps someone with firsthand knowledge of
>getting one of these systems up and running can give us an actual price.
> I suspect it's $3k-5k for a pretty basic system.

More than that. Check out the 5star system on their website
(www.pi-group.com), it starts at $53,900. FWIW, the System1 and System2
are much cheaper (starting at $2750 and $1890 respectively).

But still far more expensive than either GEEZ or Edelbrock.

Scott Mitchell

"Don't know much about the future... less about the past.
Don't worry about the present, damn thing won't last" - James Harman