Re: Help Quick! G-force mounting question

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help Quick! G-force mounting question
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 11:24:16 EDT
In a message dated 8/14/99 2:25:57 AM Central Daylight Time,

 Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:36:50 -0400
 From: Gent Matthew-EMG030

<< I picked up a used set of G-forces and I'm having them mounted up this
 morning.

 Are these tires symmetrical in all directions?  On a quick look I didn't see
 any rotation arrows or "this side out" markings, but it was late last night
 and I might have missed them.

 If there's no markings, it seems to me that they are swappable from
 side-to-side and for rotation.  There really isn't much left for tread but
 the circumferential bars and faint lines on the shoulders. >>

Hi Matt, the new G-Force R1 tire is symetrical construction, so it can be run
either side out, or either direction. The tread pattern when new is
directional looking, but BFG says it is not a problem to run backwards,
unless you are in standing water it won't make any difference. The new tread
is also slightly assymetric with more grooving on the inside edge, but once
that is worn away, they are the same. I have run mine in both rotation
directions, but my side to side wear has been so even the tires were toast
before there was significant wear difference to flip them over. I may flip
the new set over, if they are still gripping when the inside grooves are
gone. I got about 150 runs on the first set, I now have about 45 runs on the
second set.

Gary M.
225 50 14's on 7 inch rims with 2 degrees of negative camber and 2800 pounds
of car.