Needed: Quick Kumho answers to silly questions

To: autox@autox.team.net, mirwin@kumhotech.com
Subject: Needed: Quick Kumho answers to silly questions
From: JTHOR11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 21:35:44 EDT
Greetings fellow cone heads!

Quick questions for the Kumho gurus out there.  We drive a 95 Neon Sport in E
Stock with  -1 camber using 205/55/14 V700's on stock alloy 6" wheels.  We
corded two tires yesterday and I need to place an order quickly.  I am a
digest reader so a copy direct to me would be helpful.

1)  Is there a great disadvantage to running full tread (6/32nds) instead of
shaved (4/32nds)?  If so... what is it?  We can't compete with the "BIG DOGS"
at Nationals  anyway so that last Nth degree of grip may not be of value to
us.  Is it worth the $15 per tire?  I will heat cycle them once I get them.

2)  I know that the directional markings do not matter on the V700's... but
can you run them inside out safely?  Our remaining current tires are showing
a lot of wear on the outside but the insides still have tread block on the
edge.  Can we flip them and run them locally without hurting anything too
badly?

Thanks for your info.

Whoomah!!

Jan Gerber