Re: Re:Sports Car Pick the winners? laughable

To: "Jim & Marilyn Rohn" <rohns@doitnow.com>
Subject: Re: Re:Sports Car Pick the winners? laughable
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:44:04 -0500
Hey, I'll bet Brotz and Wentzel will have a dandy fight for position! Are
they co-driving the same car???

Jim Rohn wrote:

>At 7:01 AM 8/18/99, Bruce Wentzel wrote:
>>Being well aware that entries may not yet be in, here is my
>>thought about BSPL If, as Sportscar lists, Mary Wentzel and  Mary Brotz
>>both enter,
>>I pick her to win.  Ought to, with 6 runs per day :)
>
>Too funny, why hasn't anyone else thought of that before?

For those not in the know, Bruce Wentzel married Mary Brotz several years
ago. Mary Brotz won three National Championships (1986, 1989-90), Mary
Wentzel then won six straight (1991-96) -- all BSPL except '89 was ESPL

>Wait, I now read more in S/C and I guess Chris McKinney is doing it
>(getting 6 runs each day) by entering TWO classes, CSPL & DPL. Funny thing
>too, S/C picked her to win both too ...
>
>Me thinks the right hand has NO CLUE what the left hand is doing ....

FWIW, that probably means the SportsCar people knew McKinney has driven both
cars but did not know which she'd be in for Nationals. Note the second
sentence of the story: "You'd think we'd have learned by now that this is
impossible." There IS a reason I do not take part in writing this bit of
insanity which surely is designed to destroy any credibility the writers
have. I have to take care of what little I have left! :-)

Of course, if the magazine did not enjoy poking a little fun at itself, they
wouln't print up all those "SPORTSCAR WAS WRONG!" T-shirts for the Nationals
winners who were NOT their picks.

--Rocky