Also Re: Drivers Ed and Timing

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Also Re: Drivers Ed and Timing
From: NASA-VA Jon Felton <nasa-va@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:13:05 -0400
The insurance company doesn't always dictate whether or
not timing is allowed at "open track" events.

Our insurance (both general liability and the event-specific
certificate required by the track) costs the same whether
we allow timing or not, and whether we hold a TT at the
end of the day or not.  The only thing our company wants
to know is if there will be wheel to wheel competition for
times (i.e. racing).  So of course, we allow timing and we
hold TT's at the end of the day to measure progress and
skill.

Perhaps some other organizations should look into
policies with our company.  Or perhaps they just don't want
"Solo I types" showing up and kicking too much butt.   =-)

BTW - I certify and hire (and fire) instructors.

Jon Felton, Director
National Auto Sport Association - Virginia Region
http://www.nasaproracing.com
(804) 573-NASA / nasa-va@juno.com
PO Box 270, Richmond VA 23218-0270
-Next autoX: September 12, VA Motorsports Park
-Next track day & time trial: October 2, Summit Point (JC)