Re: was pick the winners, now PA state

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: was pick the winners, now PA state
From: "Kearney, Thomas" <Thomas.Kearney@usa.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 18:02:43 -0400
I must pipe up here in defense of the PA Championships becoming a
multi-state resident participant event.  The Susquehanna Region came through
big time when they stepped up to host the NEDiv's when Woodstock 99' put a
nix on Griffis AFB as host site for NEDiv's.  They did so with very short
notice and seem to have organized it very well thus far.  I for one am happy
they did as it will be my first Divisional.  I don't think anyone honestly
can say they compete to come in second place, I know I don't.  But I also
don't hold a grudge against someone that beats me.  They're better than me,
so what!  For me that just makes it that much more fun the next time.

I'm sorry that some PA residents will be displaced in the trophy count, and
that they could not somehow arrange a separate event for the PA
championships and NEDiv's.  But I'm not traveling all that distance to shoot
for second  (even though the chances are better than finishing first ).

....there, I feel better.

Tom Kearney
Finger Lakes Region
Solo2 Board
1995 Acura Integra STR <--  New York State Registration

P.S. - Both my mother and father were born and bred in Scranton PA.....those
chromosomes gotta count for something.