Re: '99 Miata Sport setup

To: "Burns, James B." <BurnsJB1@central.SSD.JHUAPL.edu>
Subject: Re: '99 Miata Sport setup
From: SunRider <SunRider@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 01:11:58 -0400
>I just bought a used '99 Miata w/ Sports Pkg.  Can someone please give me
>some tips on how to set it up for autox?  I plan to keep the stock Bilstein
>shocks and stock swaybar, so I'm mainly interested in ideas on alignment,
>tire size, tire brand, and tire pressures.

Hi Brad, I have a '99 Miata Sport Package and here are the alignment
specs I'm using.

These Alignment Specs were done by Lester Seal
at Apex Engineering. I've been very happy with
the way the car handles.

                  Left           Right
Rear Camber       -2.0           -2.0

Rear Toe          +1/16          +1/16

F/Caster          +5.64          +5.64

F/Camber          -.84           -.84

F/Toe             -1/16          -1/16

These are on the Stock Pilots running 34 psi Hot
and I'm keeping up with everyone in stock class within 2 seconds.

>I'm currently leaning toward Kumho 205/50-15 tires, but I'm also thinking of
>Hoosiers.  For Hoosiers, I'd like to hear some thoughts on 205/50-15 vs.
>225/45-15 (essentially same diameter but wider tread), and autocross
>compound vs. road racing compound.

I know this much Hoosiers are very very sticky, like Gum
but I've heard they don't last very long.

Steve Bernard
Mass Miata Club
Red '99 Miata - Sport Package (B-Stock)

mailto:SunRider@Worldnet.att.net