Re: T1-S vs. RE71

To: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: T1-S vs. RE71
From: dan pedroza <beagleracing@mroad.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 10:14:06 -0500
At 07:51 AM 8/21/1999 -0700, Craig Blome wrote:
>I meant to say "they're a lot pricier than the RE71",
>which they are.  I'd get numbers to back that up but
>your WEB SITE IS DOWN YA GOOB!!! ;)

Well poop.  regardless, i don't have the prices yet on the T1-Ss.  still
waiting from my rep, but they guarantee same price as the T1 or even less.
and i do'nt carry the RE71s anymore, so i don't recall the price.

>Is the T1-S a grippier tire?  Yep, no question.  Is it
>a better _deal_?  Depends on your intended
>application, and how long they last...jury's still out
>on that one.

well, i got 24,800 miles out of my T1s and that included quite a few autoX
fun runs and LOTS of aggressive driving :) i expect the same from the T1-S.
 by comparison, many of my customers complained about the Dunlop SP8000s
which only gave them about 10k to 12k miles, so they switched :)