Type R / M3 LTW Comparo

To: rohns@doitnow.com (Jim & Marilyn Rohn)
Subject: Type R / M3 LTW Comparo
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 08:11:29 -0700

Me thinks someone in a GS F-body is still sour about the Type R being in GS at
all....

The Type R classification and the M3 LTW classifications do not compare.  The
Type R was in fact only allowed in CSP during it's first year.  When production
went up (sources say) to a total of over 800 or so units, I guess the SEB
decided that that quantity was enough for the average Joe to get one.  They put
the car in GS.

The LTW has never made it over 200 units.  The grey area surrounding this car
just in the past 2 days is enough to scare the bejesus out of me as a SCAC
member.  The 95 Cobra R may or may not be as fast as a new LS1...does that make
it worthy of a stock classification?  Plllllllease.

AB

>How you could compare the two boggles the mind.

 ...but it easily compares to the Type R ....

Jim Rohn
loves to see a good thread war