RE: Find a Balance Between #classes and #cars.....(Street

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Find a Balance Between #classes and #cars.....(Street
From: David Teague <David.Teague@wcom.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 13:53:20 -0400
Well in my Regional Division,
  The ST class is a great next step from Novice, we only let perople run as
novices for 3 events, then they have to move to thier open class or run
street tire class. The Street Tire Class consistenaly has around 20 to 30
entrants, novice about the same and we have very few class that have only
one car. Next year I probably move from Street Tire into ES, but I have
learned alot racning on Street tires and trying to go fast. One Such guy
from out Region, who is going to nationals, raced street tire for a few
years, then switced to R type tires and is know practically unbeatable in
his ES Talon. Most of the people who run in Street tire in my region are new
to autocross (like me) and we have a blast competing agaist each other.
Street Tire gives me class where I know I have a chance to place or win,
where if I was racing in ES I ould have no chance to place or win.

David Teague
94 Honda Del Sol Si