NOT going to nationals!!!

To: Team Dot Net <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: NOT going to nationals!!!
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 22:09:02 -0500
Dear friends in autocrossing.

It is with great dismay that I tell you tonight that an emergency has
come up and I'm going to have to bow out of this year's Topeekee
jubilee.  One of my co-workers just found out today that he's going to
have to go into the hospital on Sept 10th for neuro-surgery in an
attempt to keep from losing any more strength or feeling in his left
hand.  It's not something that can be delayed and that's the earliest
they can schedule him.  Since there are only three of us trying to do
news on four radio stations, one of them a news/talk AM, that means
that the remaining two of us are going to have to tote the load while
he recovers. I was hoping that he and our third compadre would carry
on while I was off playing between the cones but the dire nature of
his medical condition makes than an impossibility.

Rocky, John & Pat, I hate to let you down on such short notice and
leave you scrambling for another writer.

JD, looks like you're going to have to find another guitar picker to
back you up for the Thursday night talent show.  (however, if you'll
send me a snail mail address, I'll still send you that box of Cajun
goodies!!!)

To all my fellow British Dogs and TLS members, I'll miss all the fun
we were planning to have.  But I know you'll carry on in the truest of
form.  And, I know that this is a pretty tall order to fill but, I
would ask that you TRY to consume at least SOME of the beer that I
would have quaffed down during the course of the week.  If you can't
drink it all, I'll understand.

Go fast - have fun - be safe!  I'll see ya on the flip side

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman