Must-Do's at Nationals?

To: "'autox list'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Must-Do's at Nationals?
From: "Meyer, Brian J" <Brian.Meyer@Wichita.BOEING.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:11:14 -0500
This will be my first year driving at Nationals. I'm lucky to live close
enough that I've watched and worked at several Nationals, even back when
they were in Salina. This year I'm performing tire-warming duties, which
gives me a great excuse to stay all week.

My question is, other then on the entry form, where is the schedule for the
Banquets, parties, and all of the other fun stuff everyone says is the main
reason to go in the first place? I'm looking for times and locations of the
"official" parties, and the "unofficial" gatherings that shouldn't be
missed.

Wasn't there a volleyball game organized last year? I'm not much of an
athlete, but it sounds like a good way to handle some of the downtime on
Monday.

How about the CP BBQ (kegger?), is it open to all, or do your fingers have
to reach the ground? -No offense to the wonderful CP class. Having
experienced some LS1 horsepower last weekend, I can say that V8 noise and
acceleration tends to kill brain cells, and I can't wait for another
mind-numbing dose.

If no-one has organized a list of activities, I'd be happy to do so and put
them on a website.

Thanks,

Brian Meyer
Wichita Region
co-driving Mac Crossett's AWD Turbo Talon in ESP