I'm part of the 900!

To: ".Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: I'm part of the 900!
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 21:45:27 -0500
Entry count is already over 900 for the Nationals and its time for Team.Net
members to declare their intentions. Are you going to Topeka for the
Nationals? Respond to this and say so.

The first time I did this, 24 Team.Net members declared their intention to
compete. Last year the count was 170. When will we break 200?

Please reply with your answer key, so the message subject is "Re: I'm part
of the 900" instead of some other invented subject (that I may miss and not
include you in the count). If you are offering a side comment, as in why you
are NOT coming, then a different subject would be appropriate.

Then, preferably WITHOUT copying this entire message, send a message to the
net and tell us:
1. Your name
2. Your e-mail address
3. Your hometown
4. Your class, car make, days you run
5. When you will arrive/depart Topeka
6. Where you are staying (motel name, etc.)
7. Any *brief* comment

Please, one response to the net only, not to me separately (I don't need two
of everything) or privately.

I will compile all the responses, count and alphabetize them, and post them
in the Information area at Nationals. I'll also do the Team.Net Motel Poll
(last year's No. 1, the Clubhouse Inn followed by Solo City, Best Western
Meadow Acres, Topeka Plaza Inn and Raceway Inn).

After the event is over I also use it to produce a tally of "How We Did"
listing the finish of all responding Netters. Yes, even if you are a lurker,
if you are going this is one to which you should respond.

Fire away!

--Rocky

PS -- I always begin with my own:

1. Rocky Entriken
2. rocky@tri.net
3. Salina, Ks.
4. DP Spitfire, Tue-Wed, heat 2
5. Saturday to Friday
6. Raceway Inn
7. Hope the new engine arrives! Car hasn't moved since June!