Solo Loses Money???

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Solo Loses Money???
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 10:50:28 -0400
<<<Solo looses money, you know.>>>

No, I don't know this. In fact, I believe just the opposite is true.
Most regions pay for all their activities from the revenue from their
Solo II programs. Many autocrossers don't know that they are doing Solo
II a disservice by picking other boxes on their renewal. Some people
wonder why it takes 6 fulltime people to put on a handful of National
Tours, Pro Solos, and one National a year. Most people wonder why Nick
Craw had a $1.1M contract for 3 years when Pro Racing and the USRRC
continues to lose huge amounts of money. Some people remember the Shelby
Can Am fiasco. Some people remember the Corvette Challenge was a huge
success until the leadership decided to destroy it to bolster the
failing World Challenge.

I believe that those 6 people do other thijngs than work on Solo
activities. I believe that Denver and the BOD want to show Solo as
"losing money" so they can increase the Solo II surcharge on each entry.
I belive that the SCCA's bookkeeping practices should be investigated by
a competent CPA who is also a Solo II participant.

Paul Foster