Re: 944S2 vs 968

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 944S2 vs 968
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 17:41:38 -0400
<<<I'm comparing the Porsche 968 vs the Porsche
944S2.  Both cars can be outfitted with the M030
package, so the difference seems to be weight
and hp.  The 944S2 is lighter, while the 968 has
more hp (and torque, I imagine).  Sounds like an
even match-up although I'm seeing a lot more of
the 968s, and the 944S2 seems to be getting
scarcer.  Is there a reason for this I'm missing?>>>

The 968 is a superior car for the following reasons:

3 Liter variocam thingie vs. 2.7 liter.
6 speed vs. 5 speed (probably not much difference for autox...)
3 way adjustable rear swaybar vs. not adjustable.
helper spring in rear vs. none

I'd go with the 968.

Paul Foster