Last time: pick-the-winners contest

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Last time: pick-the-winners contest
From: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 14:48:40 -0700
Folks,

Just one last reminder about the "Pick The Winners" contest, and to make
sure you know how it works.  The URL is at the bottom of this message.

Each time you submit, you need to submit *all* of your picks.  That's
because each time you submit, your entire previous entry is removed.  So
if you pick only one class, it doesn't replace just that class in your
previous pick, it replaces your previous pick of 50+ classes with just
one.  You can't win by picking just one class.

Prizes: we've got the grand prize of the hand-painted T-shirt from Mari
Clements.  We've also got prizes from Jesus Villarreal of the American
Autocross Series (shirt, hat, mug), and I believe we may have something
coming from Huck & CHuck Enterprises as well.

So, make sure to submit as many picks as possible each time you submit.
I predict that the winner will pick close to 40 classes correctly, if
not more.  So it behooves you to pick at least that many classes, if not
all of them.

The entry list is probably pretty much complete now.

I will accept submissions up through September 8th, that's one week from
today.  Because at that point, many people will already be on the road
to Topeka, and won't be able to take advantage of any new information
that comes up.  You may submit after that point for fun, but any picks
submitted after then will not be eligible to win prizes.

Also, look through the list of entrants on the results page and make
sure that you don't have more than one pick listed.  If you do, send me
mail and I'll remove the older one.  If someone wins a prize and I
discover that you've got more than one pick on there, you will not win
anything.  Gotta be fair here!

Good luck!

Josh

Picks page: http://www.marimba.com/people/jss/picks/picks.html