Re: Not one of the 900

To: "Larry R. Metz" <lrmetz@home.com>, "Team Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Not one of the 900
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 23:58:41 -0700
>JUst to keep things balanced....I am not one of the 900 going to Kansas,
<snip>
>but the main one is concern that I only want to go
>if I feel I have a shot at winning, and that is not true for this year
>due to a number of issues.  I have attended 15 plus years, and several
>of those were to be an also ran, so I am holding out to going only when
>I have a reasonable chance to be competitive.
================================
Aww hell man.  Trophies are wonderful and all that jazz, but if that's the
main reason that you're not going then about 95% of us should stay at home.

Nothing personal, but that's the wrong attitude dude.

This will be my first ever nationals and I know I don't have a Twinkies
chance in a fat farm but I'm still going.  I hope to have much fun, meet
lots of people and drive to the best of my ability.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

...you Yankees are so silly
about matters of the heart
don't you know that women
are the only works of art?
Don Henley  "Driving with your eyes closed"