CSP or ?P costs?

Subject: CSP or ?P costs?
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:30:11 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

Can anyone out there give me estimates for cost to build/buy a nationally
competive CSP or (maybe E?) Prepared CRX / Civic?

I accidently drove a somewhat serious CRX at a local event and now I need
to convince myself I can't afford it... :-)

Seriously, I'm interested in a CRX (or preferably civic hatchback, just
'cause I like how they look) that is prepared close to the limit in CSP or
whatever prepared class, but can still remain street legal (sorta, with
re-tuning, having friends who are inspection mechanics, etc.).  I don't
care if it punishes me on the street, but I do want to be able to drive it
around town to see if it runs, drive it to local events, run at lots that
require street legal vehicles, etc.

I suspect it'd be cheaper to buy one built than to build it... Anyone got
something like this for sale?  How much is a competitve CSP or prepared
civic worth?

Thanks!

Mark