Re: Which CRX for CSP

To: "Thompson, Adrian (A.L.)" <athomps9@visteon.com>
Subject: Re: Which CRX for CSP
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:20:09 -0700
"Thompson, Adrian (A.L.)" wrote:

> So I started looking around and a CSP CRX looks
> interesting.  In addition to Mark's question on cost I was also wondering
> why the 84-87 vehicles seem so much more dominant than the 88-91.  I know
> the 88 and up are slightly heavier but they have bigger engines and a much
> better suspension design.  What gives?  Any one interested in communicating
> direct on the secrets of CSP?

I have heard that the rear suspension on the newer CRX's is tricky, and not
necessarily better. It was rumored that the '88 CRX had the better version of
that unique rear suspension. I guess it has to do with either severe toe or
camber changes (or both) as the suspension travels.

Also heard that the 86-87 CRX's were heavier than the 84-85.

Scott Meyers