re : AP as viewed from fourth place

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: re : AP as viewed from fourth place
From: AnalogMike@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 19:44:15 EDT
"Tom Holt" <tholt@ccsi.com> wrote a lot about AP.

Thanks for the report, Tom, it clarified a lot of questions.

I would just like to add that a Porsche RSR GT3 car set up for Lemans is
probably not the best AP car around. Greg must have had a handful driving that
wide monster in low gears at an autox, which is not what it was designed for.
I think Greg would have been faster in a 911 specifically built for Solo-II.
I think it was really cool that he brought out such a fabulous car though.

BTW I do remember a clarification in Sports car allowing the factory 911
race cars to run in road racing GT classes. They were previously not legal
due to the factory's roll cage design which did not meet the GCRs.
Porsche never has been real good at making safe roll cages, as they
don't help the car go faster.

P.S. WAY TO GO, PAT SALERNO!!! You should no longer be allowed the
H.U.O.A. logo on your car. Aren't you glad your Boxster died?
(HUOA, for those lucky enough not to know, has to do with keeping their
heads somewhat south of the intended location).

Regards, mike piera  AnalogMike@aol.com  '72 911S  '73 911RS Clone

my racing pages - http://www.analogman.com/911

~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects   www.analogman.com