Re: Number of runs....think about it

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Number of runs....think about it
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 14:58:17 -0700
Please consider:

First - there needs to be at least twenty seconds between cars for
worker safety. Otherwise the number of re-runs generated would slow the
day down.

Going for 1000, 1200 entrants AND more runs? Seems fine just as it is.
Leave some time for the parties and socializing afterward.

Second - "Would the batter rather have three strikes or four strikes?" Duh.

I submit that the 'game' strategy would be changed via four runs,
similar to strikes in baseball. Who wouldn't want one more try?  -  the
guy leading after three  :-)

There are many things intrinsic to our current system of three runs,
including pressure, mind set and more. Please leave it alone.

S Meyers