car cost should not be an issue!

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: car cost should not be an issue!
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 07:36:28 -0700 (PDT)
Basically, (IMHO) If you are complaining about the
cost of a competitors car, you are in the wrong sport.
Just like any sport, having the costliest parts or
pieces do not make you the best.

My current car (E-Mod Datsun Roadster) would qualify
for the $1500 challenge easily and Do I care if
someone else spends 100,000 on their car. Nope. I
don't play woth cars because I can afford it, I play
as a hobby.

Almost every hobby costs something and depending on
how fanatical you are, you will save to by the items
you want. If I could afford to buy better parts, I
would. But just because my racing budget is $500 for
the year doesn't mean the next guy in he pits has the
same budget.

If that were the case. we would all be doing a spec
car. Kinda boring if ya ask me.

My peronal feeling is, if you are complaing about
something, you're not focusing on becoming a beeter
driver/mechanic/developer....

BTW, My car is not pretty, not fast and not developed
but it's mine and I built the stinkin' thing myself.

Don Miller TLS #8
68 Datsun Roadster V-6 turbo powered