Re: AP ... what about trunk kits?

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: AP ... what about trunk kits?
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:53:13 -0700
Mark Sirota wrote:

> Jim Carr wrote:
> >  Which reminded me to ask if there were any Showroom Stock cars
> >  modified with trunk kits running in stock at Nationals.
>
> If there were, they weren't legal.  Showroom Stock cars are allowed to
> run in Stock category only if they don't have trunk kits.  If they have
> trunk kits, they run in SP.

        Which brings up one of my pet peeves. In order to be competitive in
Showroom Stock racing, you have to modify the car significantly, and
sometimes drastically, beyond anything the factory makes available for
showroom models. If it's gonna stay that way, then rename it. Touring 3
and Touring 4 would be much more appropriate. And they run in SP just as
the IT cars do.

        Ahh, whatever...

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/