Re: Megabuck cars,

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Megabuck cars,
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 11:50:41 -0500
"You are kidding yourself if you think anyone can buy/build and develop
a Nationals winning car for $10K."

Sure you can, come play in some of the stock classes.  Where's my latest
list...

Awhile back a buddy of mine was going car shopping. I tried to make a
list of competative stock class cars that were $10k or under according
to places like http://www.traderonline.com/auto

    SS = early C4 Corvette
    AS = 2nd gen MR2 Turbo, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 944S2, 2nd gen
Rx7 Turbo
    BS = 94+ Miata R
    CS = 2nd gen NA MR2 (91-95), Porsche 924S/944
    DS = Neon ACR
    ES = SOHC Neon, 94+ Celica GT, Saturn SC2, Honda Civic/CRX
    FS = 89-95 Camaro/Firebird/Mustang
    GS = 6 cyl 93+ Probe/MX6, 3.8L Camaro/Firebird, 92-96 Prelude
    HS = 4 cyl 93+ Probe/MX6, 94-95 Celica ST, Honda Civic DX

I think the point of this thread is that very few people will be heading
for AP because of the perceived cost to compete.
--
Jeff Cashmore
1995 Toyota Celica ST = HS (never lift)