F-body TCS question

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, <autox@f-body.org>
Subject: F-body TCS question
From: "Sean Long" <seanlong@micron.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 15:28:01 -0600
Hello all,

After the 6th of 11 consecutive 70 second runs today (on concrete with race
tires), my low-traction light began to blink while waiting in the grid for
the next run.  By the end of the 11 runs, the TCS OFF light was stuck on,
and now when I start the car the TCS doesn't come online.

I let the car sit for about 3 hours afterwards, but the TCS still didn't
come on and my brakes feel a bit soft.  During the runs, the ABS was working
overtime and when we (myself and my co-driver) braked too hard, we got a lot
of rear axle hop.

Have I toasted something?  Is this something that should reset itself?  Will
I need to take it to a dealer?  Even with the TCS OFF light lit, the ABS
worked fine and there are no other warning lights.  Brake fluid is at the
normal level, although the car did spit up quite a bit of brake and power
steering fluid during the day.

Tomorrow I'm going to make sure we drive the car in different run groups to
avoid abusing the car again, but I still wonder if I've messed something up
by driving it this hard.  We made all 11 runs within the space of an hour.
The brakes were still a bit soft after the 3 hour sit and a 20 minute drive
home.

Sean Long