Re: What is happening with A mod???

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What is happening with A mod???
From: garyk98@home.com (Gary K)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 01:30:30 GMT
In A-Mod, the wings are still important.  It just happens that this
year the wings did not help as much.  It was wet for their first day
of competing, so the slower speeds they had to drive made the wings
unusable, or not as useful as they should be.  On the second day they
had a good breeze blowing from the north, so that affected their
cornering ability a little.  The SAE car did not have wings, but I
have seen pictures where some do have them.  The rules add limitations
or other factors on to the cars that run wings, so only a couple
schools try them a year.  I don't think that a shift of power has
occured, just some bad luck for some and rain.  My personal opinion is
to look for the Engstrom's to be tough next year, especially with
another year of racing under their belts in their new beast.

Gary Kramar
'89 F440 FM