Re: video

To: racing@rennlist.org, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: video
From: AnalogMike@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:22:15 EDT

>  I found some lightweight less expensive cameras (color <$200 and
>  black&white <$100) that I have tried that seem to help the vibration, but
>  they have no recording capability.

I think the best bet for people like me is one of these cheap
"board" cameras, hooked up to a camcorder in a foam box on the
seat. Then I dont have to worry about locking the focus on the camcorder,
or the zoom accidentally being engaged, etc. as the camera is fixed
and much more steady. But I dont know enough about the electronics
to know which of these cameras will hook up to the video and audio
lines on my SONY camcorder, and what lens and options are needed
on the camera. Anyone know a good one to use that is easy to
hookup for in-car camera work?

p.s. you can see some of my in car camera snapshots on my racing
web site. The interior of the car is nice and sharp! (darn autofocus...).

Regards, mike piera  AnalogMike@aol.com  '72 911S Targa, '73 911RS Replica

www.analogman.com/911 - my racing pages

 ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~  vintage guitars   www.analogman.com