RE: "mea culpa" addendum

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: "mea culpa" addendum
From: SVPViper@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:36:33 EDT
Ok.... Although I don't necessarily agree with Jason's Proposal for the move
of C4 corvettes to AS.  And I think he really did this as more of a stir up
the pot type issue... However I think is point is accurate, in why the
Miata's get moved... if you compare a '84 C4- to a '89 to a '96.  The only
difference is really in Drivetrain, maybe minor wheel & Tire, as well as
Suspension.  But point being they are the same chassis.  Which I think is
what justifies them to be in the Same Class.  (SS!)  But his point is look at
the miata... same body, same suspension, minor Drive Train differences but
yet, it gets another class!  Take an MR2 vs. MR2 Turbo... this is an obvious
class change due to such different drivetrain combinations, just like an M Z3
vs a non M Coupe.  However there isn't this distinct variable with the
Miata's.  Personally I am in support of the Newer cars fasing out the older
cars, I think it is much more enjoyable looking at newer models, and state of
the art technology.  Unfortunately the '93 and up corvettes have yet to be
able to beat the '86 -'89 models, more power to them, but again... seeing
lotus' all over ASP is just as frustrating... ok... so I am rambling...
anyways... I hope I have helped maybe clear up some of Jason's statements.
The 1.6 miata going to CS is like the smaller CC'd M3 going to BS!  SCCA just
doesn't do that.  So that was a weird change.
  Peace,
      Dave