Re: Brake Recommendations for '93 Integra

To: cab3@iname.com
Subject: Re: Brake Recommendations for '93 Integra
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 19:25:59 -0400
At 11:11 AM 10/18/1999 -0400, cab3@iname.com wrote:
>I'm looking for something with better performance than the stock pads, but
not any that create so much brake dust that I have to clean the car every
week to prevent buildup.

You might try the Hawk HPS which I have been using on my formula ford for
autocrossing this year. Essentially no dust on the wheels compared to the
Hawk HP Pluses and the Mintex 121's I used to run or even the stock pads on
my Mustang GT.

They are reasonably priced, work well cold, are easy to modulate, seem to
have no bad habits. Since they are designed as a street pad, they should
also be civilized.

The HP Plus pads, by the way, were also very good (even though dusty).
However, they actually were too good for my formula ford in that they were
more likely to lock the inside front tire in trail braking and seemed a
little harder to modulate in a mod car's very short braking zones. Note, a
"flat spot" on a CM formula car front tire means that the "pickup rubber"
got cleaned off and the original mold marks are visible again :-)

Call Duane at Essex Racing for detailed pluses and minuses for your
application. Tel # 770 889 4096 near Atlanta, Ga. They ship anywhere.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford