Driving While Stupid

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Driving While Stupid
From: JAC73@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 09:41:40 -0500

Have you seen the latest series of Lexus commercials taglined "Lexus Safety"?
I've seen a few different ones:

-- An older lady who's giving her little rat dog hugs and kisses while driving.

-- A VW Rabbit with no apparent driver going down the highway... dreadlocked
driver then pops up with a CD, puts it in the player, and starts rockin' out.

-- An executive-type balancing a briefcase, a laptop, and talking on a cell
phone while driving.

-- A young man eating a bowl of cereal (with milk) while driving.

-- A young woman doing all her makeup, hair, brushing teeth, etc. while driving.

Then a graphic pops onto the lower part of the screen "He/She drive the same
roads you do."  then "Lexus Safety".  I think they're on to something here...

I've seen no lighters in pitch darkness.  Foglights and parking lights in pitch
darkness.  Driver changes while moving.  People reading books propped up on the
steering wheel.  People reading the paper while hurtling down the freeway.
People watching "the big game" on little TVs propped up on the dash.  This
morning, the Detroit area was a little surprised by about 3" of wet snow, and
the first of the "6" clear-patch directly in front of the driver, the rest of
the glass and all the lights snow-covered" drivers showed up right on schedule,
along with the "It's just snow on the road, I can still drive 80 mph" drivers.

At least I got the newly-recored radiator swapped into the Fiesta on Saturday.
Now I gotta put the 190F thermostat back in it.  The 165F that's in there for
summer use doesn't allow it to get hot enough to make good heat.  Whoops, it
cools a little TOO well now.

Jim Crider