Re: Stock or Modified(Street Prepared, Prepared, Mod, etc.)?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stock or Modified(Street Prepared, Prepared, Mod, etc.)?
From: "Brad Cox" <coxb@trimofran.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 13:09:37 -0600
> I disagree. In a highly prepared car - SP, P, or M - it often
> takes a BETTER driver to wring the full measure of its capability
> than it would in a Stock car.

It seems to me that the learning curve will be the same no matter what the
vehicle of choice is.  However, there are cheap ways, and expensive ways to
make all those dumb mistakes (that I'm still making).  Seems to me that the
same lessons can be learned in the process of flatspotting my DL-110
SPORTO's ($25, 95,000 mile guarantee) or a sweet set of Hoosiers.  I know
which tires I'd prefer to be driving while on the steep side of my learning
curve.

-brad