Newbie: How to start?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Newbie: How to start?
From: "garth lacomb" <garthlacomb@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 14:38:57 PST
Autox collective,
My wife and I would like to begin autocrossing this coming season. I am
wondering what I need to do to prepare both the car and ourselves. My wifes
car ('89 240 SX totally stock in good shape) will be the vehicle we'll use.
It will also be used by her in daily driving.
The car will need tires soon, what are some good suggestions on tires we can
leave on year round and remain kinda competitive? Don't need to be M+S
necessarily.
I'm new to the list and am seeking any tidbits of info that will help us
each be competitive, and have a blast while doing so. I autocrossed a Golf a
couple times 11 years ago and had a gas, time to re-enter the sport.
Any wisdom is appreciated.

Garth LaComb
Tacoma, WA