Re: car-o-scope

To: "Mari L Clements" <mrndr2@juno.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: car-o-scope
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 21:00:49 -0800
but a PEUGOT 505?!!  C'mon--can you REALLY
>see me in that car?  Can you even autocross one of them?
>On the other hand, it also put Mustang, VW Corrado, and a
>Probe (Eric says I have to 'fess up and say it's second ranked
>car for me was a Buick Roadmaster.  I don't know what that is,
>but I'm guessing I should be insulted by the way he's rolling on
>the floor laughing.)
=================================
Don't feel bad Mary, here's what they picked as my ideal cars:

1. BMW 2002
2. BMW 528
3. Saab 9000CD
4. Honda Passport
5. Acura Vigor

Hmm, the first two choices aren't that bad for "fun" cars, but the rest of
'em?  Oh give me a break!!!  The 528 actually edged out the 2002 by a bit as
my "ideal" car.  Hmm, maybe if that were an M5, but a lowly, slowly, family
cruiser like the 528.  Nope, not gonna go there just yet.

I dunno if I liked that particular survey as they repeatedly called me a
cheapskate and a snob.  Two traits that most you'll definitely NOT find in
me.

They also said that I "care a bit too much about your car compared to other
Dodge Neon owners, you make way too much money to be driving a Dodge Neon,
you're a little too much of a risk-taker, you are a little too much of a
snob, and you're a bit too 'touchy-feely'."

Pardon me, but what a load of doodoo!!  Too much money?  Hardly.
Touchy-feely?  Well, maybe half of that but I usually get slapped for that
kind of behavior.  ;^)

It was interesting however to see what a computer picked as my ideal car.

Y'all should try it just for shoots and grins.

Go to: http://cartalk.cars.com/Survey/Results/Psychographics/caroscopes.html

That's all I have to say about that.

BTW, last night I saw a special edition of "Cops" that was called "The
world's scariest chases".  They showed a 15 year old who had stolen a
supercharged (they said) early M3 and was leading the cops on a 150 mph
chase up and down the freeway.  The kid was actually a pretty good driver as
there were several times when a lesser driver would have lost control and
wrecked out.

Well, if you're gonna go to the trouble of stealing a car you might as well
make it a fun car.  ;^)

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13