Re: event synopsis

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: event synopsis
From: Jon Byrne <rael@intelos.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 20:01:09 -0500
At 04:38 PM 12/12/99 EST, Kevin Wallace wrote:
>Seeking input on your autoxing area.
>How long is your season?

The Southern WV region season runs from January to November.

>How many events in that season?

We run one event a month, usually, so there are 11 points races.  There is
also the occasional non-points event as well.

>What kind of courses are run (technical, open, top speed, etc.)?

They seem to be fairly tight to me, for the most part.  The major exception
would be our annual event at Yeager Airport (2 day event), which is fairly
wide open.

>How many runs can be had at an event, including extra runs?

Usually 4 timed runs.

>What's the typical turnout and how long does the event usually take?

For the last three points events of 1999 we averaged 57 entries.

>What caliber of drivers are at the event, any national winners?

AFAIK, we don't have any national winners among our regular competitors,
but I can't say how our best would stack up to others.

Hope that helps,

Jonathan Byrne, Attorney at Law
Legal Eagle Racing #510 96 Escort LX H/S
http://members.intelos.net/~rael/autox.htm
"The band is just fantastic
 That is really what I think,
 Oh by the way,
 Which one's Pink?"
 -Roger Waters, "Have A Cigar", Pink Floyd