Re: Your Car-O-Scope is ready!

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Your Car-O-Scope is ready!
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:58:47 -0500
no-reply@cartalk.com wrote:

> The great Carnack has spoken.  Your Car Talk Car-O-Scope awaits you at the
> following URL:
>
>     http://cartalk.cars.com/Tools/caroscopes-pickup.pl?access_id=180590x0360

Whew! Did I get lambasted! There was no 944 Turbo listed so I used 944.

"You certainly are a bit of a nut case, aren't you, when it comes to
taking chances (well, at least compared to other Porsche 944 owners).
Calm down. CALM DOWN! It's not the end of the world, for heaven's sake.
And nobody is asking you to change anything about who you are. We'd
never do that. Go ahead. Jump off a cliff if that's what makes you
happy. But, if this is really what you are, you're gonna have to change
vehicles."

Later, they told me to never drive a 944 again, and buy a Mercedes 190
instead because that is the car for middle-aged farts who care about
cars, make a decent amount of money, and are also cheapskates. (At least
they got the last part right... ;-) )

Hehe! First I rocked the crazy index with a 72.727 and now this!

Paul Foster