Re: AM turnout

To: Brad Cox <coxb@trimofran.org>
Subject: Re: AM turnout
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 14:51:35 -0600
After I typed that original response, Brad, I realized that you might
not have a rulebook yet.  So, to further answer your question:

16.5  FORMULA SAE
        A.  Vehicles that conform to the Formula SAE specifications are
assigned to A Modified if they meet the following minimum criteria:
                1.  All requirements of 16.4.A bodywork. (see below)
                2.  Maximum engine displacement of 600cc, restrictor plate in
place.
                3.  Minimum wheelbase of 60".
                4.  Brakes conform to those specifications listed in the SIIR,
Section 3.3.C.11. (see below)
                5.  A roll bar that conforms to Appendix C of the SIIR is
required.
Exceptions:  the bar must extend at least two inches above the
driver's helmet in the normal seated position and a head restraint
keeping the driver's head from going under or behind the roll bar is
required.

*16.4.A  (Bodywork) Must be made of metal, fiberglass or other
suitable fire resistant materials.  The sides, front and back of the
cockpit area must be at least as high as the driver's waist.

*3.3.C.11  Brakes must have an adequate pedal, sufficient fluid in the
master cylinder and no apparent hydraulic leaks under pressure and
must operate on all wheels.

And, NO, I'm not going to re-type all of Appendix C!!!

Hope that helps explain it.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman