Re: Auto-X Trailer info needed

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auto-X Trailer info needed
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 06:31:45 -0800 (PST)
I pulled a 4x8 trailer behind my Neon for a long time.
Usually it was 2-3 sets of tires, cooler, and other
stuff. The trailer weighed 195# empty. The heaviest I
ever weighed it was 975#. I always kept 100# at the
tongue according to the trusty bathroom scale. I kept
a 40# lead bar on the tongue area if it was empty, it
rode in the trunk when the trailer was in use. 75-85
was no problem. The fun time was the blow out at 75.
Trailer and car did the happy dance for a second and
then things settled down. I did find the 12" wheels
pulled much easier then the 8" wheels. It seemed to
bounce a lot less. Also, I always started the tires
out about 5 lbs under the inflation as the small ones
heat up very fast.

Don Miller TLS #8
68 Datsun Roadster V-6 Turbo
Must Go Faster Raicing