RE: 1/4 Mile

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1/4 Mile
From: Jeff Winchell <jwinchell@Giftspot.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 13:05:13 -0700
My car was faster when it was stock.

Fastest ET: 13.47 when car was stock w/street tires as measured by a gTech
'98 Mustang Cobra Convertible

For those that don't believe a stock Mustang can go that fast, the best time
ever for a stock/street tired '98 coupe: 13.08 - Mike Smith (Details:
http://ponycar.net/13.08_Second_Stock_98_Cobra.htm)

I've only drag raced a few times since then, with autocross
springs/shocks/differential/65 more RWHP and the car's times are slower.
I've been told the slowness is mainly the increased rearward weight transfer
problems of the autocross setup and my Zexel Torsen diff that by design,
spins one tire on a launch. But I haven't looked into it enough to know.