Re: [Solo2Atlanta] Autocross at Ozark, AL on 6/11

To: autox@autox.team.net, solo2atlanta@topica.com
Subject: Re: [Solo2Atlanta] Autocross at Ozark, AL on 6/11
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 20:06:00 EDT
As far as I know there will be an Wiregrass Region autox on Sunday, July 11
at the Hunt Stage Field site.  Site opens (all times CST) at *approx*  9:30
AM for course setup, 10:30 AM registration and tech opens, 11:00 AM course
walking allowed, Noon Driver's Meeting, followed by autox runs until either
you or your tires wear out.

Directions from Atlanta:
Take I-85 south from Atlanta to I-185.  Take I-185 south to US Hwy 431 in
Columbus, GA.  Take US Hwy 431 south to State Road 27 just past Abbeville,
AL.  Take SR 27 south to County Road 18.  Take CR 18 south to US Hwy 231.
Continue on CR 18 across US Hwy 231, site will be 1/2 mile on right.

Alabama Directions:
Take US Hwy 231 to County Road 18, located approx. 5 miles south of Ozark,
AL.  There is an Exxon Gas Mart on the corner.  Take CR 18 west, site will be
half mile on right.

While this site is a bit of a trip from Atlanta, you can expect an approx 60
second autox course on a grippy, good quality 450 ft wide by 1200 ft long
unobstructed concrete surface, but the same surface can be tough on tires if
overdriven or if car is handling improperly.  The good news is they just
received their new RaceAmerica timing system, which will now allow separate
start/finish areas.  You will get at least 5 timed official runs, plus many
more timed unofficial fun runs.  There will not be any 1st gear turns, you
may briefly reach 3rd, or even 4th, gear depending on gearing and vehicle
type.  Event administration is very laidback and non-anal.  SCCA entry fee is
$15, non-members $20.  There are usually less than 20 drivers present.

Mark Sipe