Yokohama tire pressures

Subject: Yokohama tire pressures
From: Eric Yousey <yousey.2@wright.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 23:37:16 -0400
I'm sending this to the three autocrossing lists that I'm a part of.

I also know that this is a subject of much debate, but I'm still going
to ask it.

I am running a set of Yokohama A-008R 195/60 R15 tires that are about 5
years old.  I got them used ($140 for all 4 tires *and* Saturn alloy
rims, beat that), and I *think* that I might have gotten the rubber into
usable condition.  I found it was unusable at my regions last event when
I did 360+ degrees of rotation on my first lap.  The spin-out also had
to do largely with tire pressures.  I was used to running streets tires
that need to run at the higher pressures to prevent rollover.

I was wondering if anyone remembers what pressures they were running on
these tires for a base curb weight of 2,425.5 pounds (EPA Test Weight
Class: 2,750 lbs.).  I got the stats off of the Saturn page.  I would
prefer Saturn specific pressures, but as long as the car weights are
similar, I'm sure it will be a help.  Also the car has *stock*
alignment.  I say "*stock*" because it has been over a year since the
last one, and I drive on Ohio roads, not the best in the world, so I'm
sure that it is a little out of true.  I am waiting to do an alignment
until I get my new struts on.

Also, if you are running the lastest version of the Yokohama tire, it
might not be much different from the one that I have.  If you think that
it is similar, I would also be interested in the pressures that you are
running.

Also please note in your responses if you preffer oversteer or
understeer, if you are front-wheel or rear-wheel drive, and if you are
running a stock alignment or an alternate alignment.

Thanks to all in advance.

91 Saturn SL2
525 ES
--