Re: Absured spare tire cover rule was: Let's draft a revised C&C! (was:

To: "Phillip S. Osborne" <psosborn@gte.net>, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Absured spare tire cover rule was: Let's draft a revised C&C! (was: Re: Shift knobs/C&C (was: YAESPP))
From: "Rick Cone" <conekiller@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 14:36:07 -0400
Not to exhume the dead hoarse and start flogging it again...
but if the rule specifaclly states that you can remove the tire, then I
would think that would mean removing all things that attach the tire, thus
removing (legally) the fastner to hold the carrdboard down, thus removing
all fastners so it should stay out...

To take it a step further...
Most Miata's came with a spare tire cover made of vinal and elastic.  So you
can remove the tire but not the cover, and since the only way the cover
stays attached is on the tire, then the spare tire can not be removed from
the car...

And how about for you Neon guys, and other FWD cars...
When you remove the front sway bar, you are leaving the brackets in place
right?  It only says you can remove the bar....

Right...