SEDiv/Lake City Divisional CANCELLED!

To: solo2atlanta@topica.com, autox@autox.team.net, BuccaneerAutoX@egroups.com
Subject: SEDiv/Lake City Divisional CANCELLED!
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 22:43:44 EDT
This is a last ditch repost, I have personally called and/or contacted
everyone I haven't heard from to inform them of the cancellation:

<< Looks like we're batting 0 for 2 so far this year.  :-(

 I regret to inform you that the BFGoodrich Team T/A SEDiv Solo2 event
scheduled for June 10 & 11 at the Lake City Airpot, Lake City, FL is
cancelled.  Due to the lack of rain and increasing threat of wildfires in
Florida, the Lake City Airport has been chosen for staging the air fire
support planes and equipment, which is precluding our use of the site.  The
Dixie Region made a valiant effort the past several weeks to try and secure a
new alternate site near Marianna, FL (an old WW2 airbase with lots of
concrete, possibly the next great southern National/Pro site) but are unable
to get final approval until early June at the soonest.  Special thanks are in
order for the following Dixie Region members who worked hard to make the
event happen at either site:  JK Jackson, Chris Moore, Carl Bennett, Karl
Rickert, Robert & Tracy Lewis, and probably a few more I don't know about.
To add insult to injury, we are losing our SEDiv Solo2 Event Registrar, Karl
Rickert, who has taken a new job in St. Louis, MO.  Best of wishes to Karl
and his family as they take on an exciting, new adventure in their lives.
Karl did an excellent job for us and will leave behind big shoes to fill, but
if anyone is interested in volunteering to be the Registrar please contact me.

 Please be sure to help spread the word that the event is officially canceled
until further notice to anyone who may not be on the various internet
digests.  We will be attempting to email and call everyone individually about
the cancellation.  It would help me out immensely if those of you who are
entered for Lake City do get this message will reply email me so that I can
scratch you off the contact list.  If you have made hotel reservations be
sure to call and cancel them to prevent any charges to your credit cards.  We
know this is a huge inconvenience and disappointment for everyone.  All our
efforts to avoid the situation were to no avail.

 In a message dated 5/23/00 8:04:09 PM Central Daylight Time, tr6-20@juno.com