RE: Car Insurance

To: elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Car Insurance
From: Brian C Knoblauch <bluemr2@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 19:15:56 -0400
>So, what other good-guy, Solo-friendly insurance companies are there out
>there?

        After several conversations with my Nationwide agent (and some
"underwriter" person in some big office somewhere)...  They will cover it
if a few conditions are met:
        1) NO money can be directly made through the use of the car in such an
event.  (Either by "winning" or by taking someone else in the car for
money (paid ride)).
        2) Speeds must be at/below "typical highway/expressway speeds."
        3) It cannot be considered a "Race"...  Direct competition with other
drivers...

        They had a *small* problem with the fact that times are given out at the
end (and a bigger problem with trophies being presented because that
makes them want to call it a "race"), but I brought up "how else would
you know if you were getting better" and they said they would cover it...
 Probably helps that I've been with them since I got my driver's license
(no accidents or tickets yet either) and they have received about 3x as
much money from me as my car is worth (I calculate I've paid $18,000+ in
car insurance from age 19-26)... :-(  Woohoo, I only pay $1200 a year in
insurance now...

Brian
http://www3.sscorp.com/~briank

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.