Hesitation problem ...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Hesitation problem ...
From: Lloyd.Wilson@Alcan.Com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 07:58:14 -0500 (CDT)
--Boundary_(ID_lauUq2yrVUP8GQbHVPT4MQ)

For all you engine experts and those who have learned the hard way .... I have
just started having an issue with my 93 Prelude and a lack of engine response
or hesitation.

The problem occurs when starting out from a stop at low rpm's (under 2000).
Even while shifting from first to second and second to third.  Again, low rpm
shifting.  There is a slight hesitation.  It feels like for an instant there
seems to be the usual power then nothing then back to power.  In a nut shell -
power ... nothing .... power.  This all happens in about a second of time.  My
car has never done this before.  IF I drive it more aggressively, using a heavy
foot, then I can not fell any hesitation.

What areas should I look into?

I was thinking, plug wires, spark plugs, injectors, and fuel pump.  Any way to
narrow my search.

TIA,
Lloyd Wilson

--Boundary_(ID_lauUq2yrVUP8GQbHVPT4MQ)--